Pages

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Post-Christmas-Blues.....


....yup! There is such a thing. I suffer from it BIG time! That creative void or vaccum where you don't know what to make or create. Seems like you been totally busy and now....it's quiet. Totally blank.
I sat down last night - tired from being up way too late New Years Eve and really really lazy. I started going through different projects I could create (I do that sometimes - kinda planning ahead) and there it was!
The cute 3D Snow Globe Box from the JGW Snow Flurries kit (also found here in the Silhouette Design Store) and I decided to make my own version of it ;-)

All I really did was make an octagon-shaped hole in the middle and layer it with some vellum so light can shine through. Then I too one of the snow flakes from the Snow Flake Hanging Card from the SDS Ornament kit (or design #22717 in the Silhouette Design Store) and cut out 4 of them and then glued them side to side to make a 3D snow flake to hang in the middle of the Snow Globe.

Finally I put in a color shifting LED light into the box and voila!



I do think it's fun when imagination runs wild and you can come up with new ways to make things.
Thanks for joining me today - I hope you came into 2018 with happiness and a big bang and I look forward to showing you lots of new projects.
New to SVG Attic? Check out these awesome places!

4 comments:

  1. This is a fun combination of different file elements. And the way you envision putting lights into vessels like this one. Wish I had thought of it myself. I agree that there is a brief "depression" where I separate my Christmas rush to create, with what may come next. But once the shift is initiated, whoooosh - in come those fun January, winter, snow, and soon Valentine ideas. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just one more note: the putting together of multiple symmetrical shapes to make a dimensional shape like you did for the snowflake is often called "slice form", and we love that shape at SnapDragon Snippets and SVG Attic. It is great that you put the idea out there so crafters can now begin to imagine other fun designs that can do this, too. If the perforations are NOT already in place to bend at the center line to put half shapes back to back, you can use a stylus or bone folding tool and a straight edge to score your own from the face side. Happy Crafting! Can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Jodi - it means a great deal to me that you like what my hyperactive head comes up with.
    You can also just make perforations where you want them ;-)
    I'm scanning all over for winter projects. I'm not a big Valentines Day fan so I might skip that holiday :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a darling project, Helle! I love that you lit it up. It shines on that snowflake so perfectly!

    ReplyDelete