Pages

Friday, September 30, 2016

What's Brewin? with Lisa



Hi and welcome, everyone! Lisa from The Relativity of Paper with you today.  Here we are on October's doorstep; it's time to start thinking holidays, and that makes me happy. I know with the holidays quickly approaching it's time to keep things simple. That's what I did with this week's SVG Attic post, simple. This card is so silly and fun, the hardest part of creating this card was typing the background paper, deciding on papers, and colors. It's a great way to use up last years Halloween stash, too. 


This is a Halloween card featuring a cauldron on witches legs.

To create the background (Kraft), I typed Shakespeare's Song of the Witches from MacBeth using my old electric typewriter. I've been using my typewriter a lot lately for sentiments and my planner. 
This is a Halloween card featuring a cauldron on witches legs.

All the patterned paper is from my stash, American Crafts -Spooky 6 x 6 paper pad, and I added color using Distress Inks in Black Soot, Twisted Citron, Wilted Violet, and Carved Pumpkin. 
TIP: Makeup sponges are fantastic for applying distress inks. Next time you're at your local big box store pick up a cheap bag and give it a try. 

You can join me on my blog, The Relativity of Paper, for all the details and step-by-step tutorial.

As always, thanks for joining us! 

New to SVG Attic?
Check out these awesome places!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my GOSH! You used a typewriter to do the background. Girl...you just never cease to amaze me! Awesome, awesome idea and a super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I would of needed that type write again! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete